The Finnish Centre for Democracy Studies (FinDem) was established in 2015 by the discipline of Political Science of the University of Turku and disciplines of Political Science and Public Administration together with the Social Science Research Institute of Åbo Akademi University.
Objectives of FinDem are to
– practice and promote cutting-edge basic and applied research
– initiate new research projects
– support educational cooperation between universities
– develop and innovate practices of democracy
– plan and implement research visits and other forms of international cooperation
– organize conferences and events
– act as an expert organization for the financiers and for the private, third and public sector actors from policy-makers to civil servants.